Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Some middle school, high school, and college art work

my joker
I was 14 when I drew this...I like Jokers and I'll probably work on more drawings like this in the future.

Abilities Abound

As an assignment for Advanced Art we were asked to do a poster about people with disabilities for an organization.  The bottom poster was the one poster I did that was included among 5 other people's posters for my school's large Fine Arts Dessert Night event.  The people with the "winning designs" got a $50 Dick Blick gift certificate and worked with a graphic designer.  I chose to go with the poster that the graphic designer and I worked on because it was more refined, but I wish I'd chosen my original design and tweaked it a little more since...that was my work.  But!  I was proud to get picked and I learned some things from working with him.  I'll have to add the graphic designer's name in later, but it was a great experience.

Fine Arts Dessert Night poster





I should've lightned my face because when the postcards and the posters were printed my face was almost black, I think that's something that's hard to control sometimes though....But I don't know what your opinions of it would be.


The Chrysalis was my high school's literary magazine, which actually featured a lot of artwork ranging from photography, drawings, and digital drawings.



Chrysalis cover design 2006-2007

Chrysalis Cover Design 2007-2008

Chrysalis Cover Design 2007-2008


2007-2008

2007-2008


2008-2009

The Advanced and AP Art Students enrolled into the Reno Film Festival flyer/poster/billboard design contest, this was my entry, although the letters are askew.


My high school also allowed students to make designs for the course offering book listing the high school courses.  This is one of my more favored designs.



This was the pamphlet/brochure design I worked on, the picture of the girl is of my friend from high school, and the rest of the pictures I got from the internet-no they are not my work and I don't remember the websites, but the design of the brochure is what I was focusing on.



This was the flyer design I worked on for the Baccalaureate ceremony, we didn't have a baccalaureate program for us high school students that attended McQueen high school at 2009, I doubt we have one, but we did have a ceremony for the graduates other than the graduation ceremony itself.

Whoot! I got a plaque! Nevada Credit Union wanted student work on their calendars, the idea was fun things kids/people/families could do during those months, it was really month-activity related.






These are Illustrations I made for my high school news paper - I was almost too late! (ooh-thank goodness Mrs. Carter let me turn that in.)-fun project!

For my AP Portfolio- high school, my teacher's favorite.

One of my favorites-I drew this from a really old memory of mine...I was maybe 7 or 8 years old.


4 of the college pieces that's not in my 1st yr portfolio demo reel that I really like:

Advanced Digital Imaging Midterm (Paul Thens class)


Drawing and Perspective Assignment - (Chris Desmarais' class)


Paint - Correl Painter 1st assignment-Master Copy (Sheffield Abella's class)


Paint class - Correl Painter/Photoshop- Assignment-coloring something we found on the internet or from a movie [I picked the main actress from Mirror Mask]  (Sheffield Abella's class)


Typography Assignment - we had to pick some kind of topic that had to do with being against something like medicare or drugs.  (Chris Desmarais' class)


Sack Falling - Principles of Animation - Ken Cioe's class [I have yet to get that sig from him for my Anastasia vhs vid...*making a note of that*]


Sack Falling

Lol | Myspace Video


6 years of time and still learning!  =:D

2 comments:

Crystal Moreno said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal Moreno said...

*I meant 5 college pieces*

So! Have I grown a liiiittle? I can use photoshop now, thanks to Paul, and my drawings have gotten better 'cuz of Kevin's classes-idk about the squash for the sack. Ken said it needed to be squished more, but I wanted it to look like it sunk and ground itself to the ground, plus-it looks like it got thrown out of a window-sort of-idk how else to make it look the way I want it 'cuz...idk if it can expand anymore-just thinking of a flour bag/rice bag (that's not plastic*)

Tell me your opinion!