Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Last Assignments for Character Ideation

The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett


"The fat man was flabbily fat with bulbous pink cheeks and lips and chins and neck, with a great egg of a belly...and pendant cones for arms and legs. As he advanced to meet Spade all his bulbs rose and shook and fell separately with each step....His eyes, made small by fat puffs around them, were dark and sleek. Dark ringlets thinly covered his broad scalp."
 
Version 2
 

Version1

Boneshaker by Cherie Priest

"Without the coat, her body had a lean look to it — as if she worked too long, and ate too little or too poorly. Her gloves and tall brown boots were caked with the filth of the plant, and she was wearing pants like a man. Her long, dark hair was piled up and back, but two shifts of labor had picked it apart and heavy strands had scattered, escaping the combs she'd used to hold it all aloft."
I made the fat man the day  after I withdrew...I think I'm going to work on stylizing my character drawings more because I haven't drawn cartoon styles in a long time and I think it held me back in class...

No comments: